Tuesday 22 May 2018

I remember...


I remember we sat together and watched the sun set, 
Your beaming brown eyes gazed into mine that I'll never forget. 
Your voice as though music echoed in my ears, 
Your velvet soft fingers wiped away my tears. 

I remember your smile brightening up my life, 
As you kissed me on the forehead and whispered "goodnight". 
We continued to watch the sun, 
Our hearts beat as one, 
The birds sat silently in their nests, 
As you continued to hold me to your chest. 

I remember daylight fading fast, 
I know that soon, everything would become the past. 
I remember how it felt to live a lie, 
Sometimes I just sit and wonder why? 

A lot of the time I don't understand, 
Why can't I just leave the past behind and forget? 
The kiss of your lips or the touch of your hands, 
There are moments I wish we'd never met. 

I wish that all of it wasn't real, 
I truly thought that this was my time to heal. 
It was just our time to separate and part, 
If only you didn't own my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment